Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Tartar Sauce
Blog :Srav's Culinary Concepts
Date: 4/17/2012 12:05:00 AM
I and my husband fallen in love with coconut shrimp when we first had it in Hawaii during our vacation. From many days I was just planning to make this yummy appetizer in home but could not make, finally yesterday I got a chance to prepare this crispy, juicy, wonderful coconut shrimp. The final result of this dish was awesome my husband liked the dish the most and he said that it was the finest he has ever tasted. To prepare this dish I Used Tiger Shrimp, which is perfect for coconut shrimp, usually the Tiger Shrimp that we get in US are less tasteful so to sweeten the shrimp I added sugar to the beaten egg, which is used for dipping the shrimp and coat it well with bread crumbs and coconut flakes mixture. I prepared tartar sauce for dipping these coconut shrimps with little desi touch and this sauce was perfect for this appetizer. Coconut Shrimp makes a great party appetizer/snack that is sure to please.
Unsweetened Coconut flakes – 3-4 tsp
Sugar – ¼ tsp
Spicy Tartar Sauce
Mayonnaise – ½ cup
Spicy Garlic Chilli Sauce – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Wash shrimp and dry on paper towels.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on both sides of each shrimp.
- Take a bowl and mix breadcrumbs and coconut flakes and keep aside
- Prepare egg mixture in a bowl by beating egg well and add sugar to it mix well and keep it aside.
- Now dip each shrimp into the egg mixture and immediately roll the shrimp in the breadcrumbs/coconut flakes.
- Coat generously.
- Lightly shake off the excess and touch up open spots if any on shrimp by the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry shrimp by dropping each gently into the oil.
- Fry until both sides turn golden
- Transfer the fried shrimp onto paper towels.
- Serve with Sauce
Spicy Tartar Sauce
- To prepare this sauce combine all the ingredients together mention under sauce section.
- Stir and mix well